In the UK
There are currently no vacancies at EMERGENCY UK. However, if you would like to receive updates of future opportunities please follow our social media accounts or subscribe to our email newsletter.
Communications Officer – Closed
EMERGENCY is an international organisation that provides free, high-quality healthcare to victims of war, poverty and landmines, alongside building hospitals and training local medical staff. Founded in 1994, EMERGENCY has treated over 12 million people in 20 different countries and currently operates in Afghanistan, Eritrea, Iraq, Italy, Sierra Leone, Sudan, and Uganda.
EMERGENCY UK is an independent charitable organisation that supports EMERGENCY’s projects with fundraising and communications activities.
Who are we looking for and what will you do?
EMERGENCY UK is looking for a Communications Officer to become an integral part of its small, London-based team. EMERGENCY UK oversees international communications and fundraising for EMERGENCY around the world, meaning that this role will be truly international in scope. You will work on a range of activities focused on growing public awareness of EMERGENCY and its fundraising reach.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Work closely with colleagues in the London and Milan offices to develop and implement a communications strategy that raises awareness of EMERGENCY’s work and acquires new supporters and donors.
- Create and edit content for social media and websites.
- Manage content publication on social media and websites.
- Collect and use analytics to learn audience preferences and shape content.
- Analyse key trends and benchmark online communications.
- Proofread, edit and adapt content for written publications such as the annual Activity Report and direct mailing materials.
- Work closely with colleagues on implementation of supporter journeys.
- Work closely with colleagues on digital marketing.
- Liaise with freelance translators to ensure timely and accurate translations of a range of material from Italian into English.
- Create, edit and adapt press releases for international media contacts.
- Maintain and update media database.
- Use media engagement platform to distribute press releases.
- Compile media monitoring reports.
- Support on organising and implementing public-facing communications activities and events.
- Attend and assist with events (to be assigned within the scope of the position, as and when necessary).
- Outstanding writing skills and ability to use different tones.
- Close attention to detail
- Fluent English language ability
- Professional experience in the charity sector
- Proven track record of results in communications
- Proactive approach to communications
- Knowledge of key communications principles and trends
- Ability to analyse data to inform strategy
- Experience of digital marketing
- Experience of email marketing
- Experience using a range of social media platforms, and a good understanding of their differences
- Experience using WordPress would be beneficial
The role will be based between home and EMERGENCY UK’s London office (in the London Fields area), and initially be contracted for 12 months.